Giftedness is so often disguised in our brightest kiddos. In this episode, Colleen explains how even as an expert in the field, her son’s giftedness was difficult for her to uncover. Practical and encouraging, you don’t want to miss this honest look at giftedness in children.
Can Giftedness Be Difficult To Uncover In Our Children?
Contrary to popular myths and misunderstandings, gifted kids (and adults) are not just the answer-givers, rule-followers, and quiet reflectors. They are also the challengers, rule-breakers, contradictors, and vocal opposition to the status quo. They can be trouble makers and significantly challenging for the adults in their lives.
Maybe I’m Just A Bad Parent
So many parents think they’re doing something wrong. That there’s something wrong with their parenting. That there’s something wrong with their kiddo.
RLL Episode 123: Is Your Child’s Giftedness Disguised?
In this episode, Colleen explains what it was like to uncover her own son’s giftedness and the reasons why giftedness is often disguised in our children.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- SPONSOR: CTC Math
- Is Your Child’s Giftedness Disguised?
- The Learner’s Lab, a Raising Lifelong Learners community created just for your quirky family!
- Raising Resilient Sons: A Boy Mom’s Guide to Building a Strong, Confident, and Emotionally Intelligent Family by Colleen D. Kessler
- Knowing Your Gifted Child
- Recognizing and Nurturing Giftedness In Your Child
- Is Identifying Your Child As Gifted Important?
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!