In this episode we examine the difference between pushing and appropriately challenging our kids, while acknowledging that those who aren’t raising gifted kids won’t understand, and just might accuse us of “hothousing” them — making them into “super kids” so that they look gifted, dismissing the very nature that makes our quirky and briliant kids who they are despite us.
Links and Resources From Today’s Show:
- SPONSOR: Audible – Get 1 month subscription for free + 1 free book!
- Parenting Gifted Kids
- Off the Charts
- Curiosity Stream
- 100 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Little Women
- The Sound of Music
- Great Dyslexia Resources for Homeschoolers
- RLL Live | Anxiety and Gifted/2e Kids
- Helping Your Child Cope with Anxiety
- When Anxiety Looks Like Anger
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!