Think all teachers are against homeschooling? That’s actually pretty far from the truth — I’ve met many current and former teachers who have chosen to homeschool their kiddos just like today’s guest.
Mariel Howsepian and her husband Pete are lifelong learners living in Southern California where they homeschool their profoundly gifted daughter. Pete’s held many different jobs throughout the years, but now he adventures with their daughter during the day while Mariel works as a public school teacher. In the evenings, she picks up the lifelong learning gauntlet and jumps in to learn right alongside their daughter.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: BookShark – Structured 4-Day homeschool for flexible familes
- Bee-Bot Starter Pack
- Pilgrim’s Progress
- Classic LEGO Starter Set
- Mushroom Grow Kit
- Cheese Making Kit
- Ambleside Online
- Arabella Buckley’s Eyes and No Eyes Series
- Tommy Smith at the Zoo
- Hexapod Stories
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- Bathtub Crayons
- Science Ninjas: Big Trouble with Simple Machines
- Spot It
- No Stress Chess
- Seven Myths About Education
- Magic School Bus Science Kits
- LEGO Mindstorm
- The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of Elements
- Periodic Table Shower Curtain
- Asynchronous Development in Gifted Children
- Meeting Asynchronous Abilities
- Meeting the Asynchronous Needs of Your Gifted Child
- Psychomotor Overexcitabilities: Helping Your Child Thrive
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!