In today’s highly connected world, kids are being exposed to pornography at younger and younger ages. Oftentimes, by the time we’ve sat down with our kids to have a conversation about what they may come across online it’s too late. Filters aren’t enough. We need to educate our kiddos — preparing them for when they are exposed to porn and what to do about it.
Today, Colleen talks to Kristen Jenson, author of Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids and founder of Protect Young Minds. This conversation dives deeply into what porn does to the brain, how it contributes to addiction, and how we can protect our differently-wired kiddos who often need more than just a “don’t do it” to convince them that our advice might be worth following. This is an episode you don’t want to miss.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: No Sweat Nature Study Live
- Protect Young Minds
- Protect Young Minds: Resources
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures Jr.
- RLL #30: Being Students of Our Children with Andrew Peterson
- My Story by Elizabeth Smart
- Where There’s Hope: Healing, Moving Forward, and Never Giving Up
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!