Subscription boxes are a wonderful way to add learning opportunities for your curious kids. Typically arriving monthly, they add extended play (and learning!) about once a month on topics like cooking, crafts, even inventions! But what do you do when your intense kiddo wants a very specific subscription box for her birthday and it doesn’t yet exist? If you’re Sara Tullos, you work with her to create one for ALL kids! Today, we talk with Sara about the genesis of her animal subscription box called “My Zoo Box” and how she meets the needs of her inquisitive, quirky five year old by homeschooling.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: Audible
- A Crash Course for Homeschooling THAT Kid | Raising Lifelong Learners
- Differently-Wired Kiddos | A Learn-At-Home Workshop
- Living with Intensity | A Learn-At-Home Workshop
- Giftedness 101 | A Learn-At-Home Workshop
- RLL #53: A Magical Homeschool with Jessica Waldock (gifted only child homeschooling)
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Gifted Children
- My Zoo Box website (coupon code RLL30 for 30% off, new subscribers, not valid on mini-subscriptions)
- My Zoo Box on Facebook
- My Zoo Box on Instagram
- All About Reading
- All About Spelling
- Singapore Math
- The Story of the World
- Apologia Science: Elementary Science
- Reading Eggs
- Magnetic Whiteboard Chore Chart & Reusable Dry Erase Calendar
- Fairy Bread Recipe (on YouTube)
- Living With Intensity by Susan Daniels
- The Green Ember by S.D. Smith
- Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible Laptop
- Homeschooling an Only Child by Jimmie Lanly / Amy Stults
- Brick Loot (subscription box)
- Groovy Lab in a Box (subscription box)
- Little Passports (subscription box)
- Sensory Theraplay Box (subscription box)
- Wonder Crate (subscription box)
- KiwiCo (subscription box)
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!