Our quirky kids become happier and more willing learners when they are allowed to pursue their own interests beyond any academic requirements. Today, Colleen speaks with extraordinary math instructor and friend, Dennis DeNoia of Mr. D Math, about seeing learning opportunities in many different places and how giving his kids the freedom to pursue their interests has helped them be better learners.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: Audible (RLL listeners get a free 30-day trial + 1 EBook for FREE!)
- Mr. D Math website
- Free Mr. D Math Video Resources
- Mr. D Math on Facebook
- Mr. D Math on Instagram
- Mr. D Math on YouTube (student videos)
- The Mr. D Math Curriculum
- Flamenco Dance and Guitar (online, self-paced)
- American Sign Language (online, self-paced)
- RLL #68: Self-Directed Education with Peter Gray, PhD
- RLL #40: Self-Directed Homeschooling High School with Trevor Kessler
- Delight Directed Homeschooling and Your Gifted Child
- RLL #66: Strength-Based Learning for Differently Wired Kids with Shawna Wingert
- What Interest Led Learning Really Looks Like by Shawna Wingert
- Tips for Motivating Gifted Kids
- RLL Live | Motivating Gifted Underachievers
- RLL #80: Why Are You Still Sending Your Kids to School? with Blake Boles
- RLL: #78: College For All with Trent Thompson
- Huge List of Virtual Field Trips (from How to Homeschool for Free)
- Text RLLPODCAST to 44222 to get a link to the podcast search engine!
- Contact form at Raising Lifelong Learners – Have your kiddo share what quirky, fun and creative things they are doing or ways to help us understand how their brain works, up to 5 minutes!
- Raising Resilient Sons by Colleen Kessler (available December 8, 2020)
- The Learner’s Lab, a Raising Lifelong Learner’s Community
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!