We all want to raise our kiddos to bounce back from adversity, stand up for what’s right, and nurture their relationships — helping them grow into the strong individuals they’re meant to be. The goal (and sincere hope) of Colleen’s book, Raising Resilient Sons: A Boy Mom’s Guide to Building a Strong, Confident and Emotionally Intelligent Family, is to help parents to do just that! Listen to today’s special episode with guest host Shawna Wingert, of Different by Design Learning, as she shares the first chapter of this timely and important book.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: The Learner’s Lab (the Raising Lifelong Learners membership community created just for your quirky family!)
- Raising Resilient Sons: A Boy Mom’s Guide to Building a Strong, Confident, Emotionally Intelligent Family by Colleen Kessler
- RLL #71: Resiliency and Why Our Kids Need It
- RLL #93: 7 Tips and Strategies for Boosting Emotional Resilience in Your Kids
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- RLL #88: Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Kids with Jim Delisle
- Add Emotional Education to Your Homeschool
- RLL #89: Helping Our Gifted Kids with Social and Emotional Struggles
- RLL #65: [Audioblog] Navigating Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Kids
- Raising Lifelong Learners website
- Raising Lifelong Learners on Facebook
- Raising Lifelong Learners on Instagram
- Shawna Wingert’s website, Different By Design Learning
- Different By Design Learning on Facebook
- Different By Design Learning on Instagram
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!