Eek! Halloween is almost here — are you and the kids ready for it? I have to admit that I don’t really love the whole go-outside-in-the-cold-night-for-candy thing, but I love helping the kids get all dressed up, decorating, and making fun treats for them.
Because they’re kids. And they love it all.
With all the fun colors and candy, this Halloween Boo Bark recipe will tempt all of your kiddos — and you might need some extra to give to the neighbors.
Ready to make some?
Spooky Halloween Boo Bark Recipe
I grabbed our ingredients at a local store, but I’ve linked to them below so you can order from Amazon if you’re a prime member, and get them in time for Halloween.
24 oz vanilla almond bark
Neon purple food color
Wilton large white candy eyes
Wilton small white candy eyes
Wilton large green and yellow candy eyes
Neon gummy worms
Gummy body parts
Orange, yellow and green M&Ms
Halloween colored sprinkles
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Break up the almond bark and place in a double boiler. Heat the pan on medium, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
3. Add the neon purple food color to the melted bark and stir until you reach the shade of purple you and your kiddos are going for.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into your parchment lined pan. Using a spatula, spread it out evenly to all of the edges.
5. Sprinkle the boo bark liberally with Halloween sprinkles.
6. Add all of the different candy eyes and gummy body parts, or any other icky, gross, or cool candy additions you decided to pick up.
7. Add the gummy worms and M&Ms.
8. Chill for 30 minutes.
9. Break the bark into pieces and ENJOY!!
Isn’t this such a fun treat? Your kids are going to love it!
Want some more fun Halloween ideas? Check these out: