My kids love when I create themed meals and snacks for them, and since we’ve been studying spiders, and Halloween is coming, we thought these spooky spider web cakes were super fun.
And they’re easy too.
If you’re looking for an easy Halloween recipe for kids, look no further. This one is sure to wow your kiddos like it did mine.
Spooky Spider Web Cake Halloween Recipe
This is seriously simple. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and the kids can jump in and help you out.
- 1 pouch Funfetti orange-colored cake mix
- 2 egg whites (do not use yolks because your cakes will not be true to color)
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- green food coloring
- plastic spider rings
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, separate and beat the egg whites until they are frothy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the cake mix, oil, and water.
- Beat until combined well – there should not be any lumps.
- Pour into greased and floured mini bundt pan. (Make one large bundt cake if you only have a standard size bundt pan.)
- Bake according to package instructions.
- Let cool.
- While the cakes are cooling, warm the frosting in the microwave at 15 seconds intervals, stirring each time.
- Add green food coloring to the vanilla frosting, and mix well. (We used about 6 drops.)
- Let the kids drizzle the frosting all over the cakes to represent spider webs.
- Decorate with sprinkles and plastic spider rings – enjoy!
Do you have any Halloween traditions or recipes that your family loves? Tell us about them in the comments. We’re always looking for new themed recipes and ideas for holiday fun, and can’t wait to incorporate your ideas and suggestions.