Heart-Shaped Quesadillas Recipe
You can get about 3 hearts from one 8″ tortilla, so keep that in mind when planning your lunches.
- Soft Flour Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Red Food Coloring (we used this all-natural food color made with beet juice)
- 1/4 cup water (you may need more if you plan to make a bunch)
- Shredded cheese of your choice
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the shapes from your tortillas. This is a great job for the kids. Challenge them to fit as many hearts per tortilla as they can.
Place them on a paper plate or wax paper.
Mix 2 drops of red food coloring into the water. Use a pastry brush to brush the water onto the tortillas. Don’t worry about them getting soggy, they really don’t soak up much of the water and they still crisp up nicely in the pan.
Have a heated skillet brushed with olive oil ready to go. Place the hearts, colored side down into the pan, top with cheese, and add another heart.
Cook until the cheese begins to melt, flip them over, and cook for about another 30 seconds. They cook fast!
This is such a cute, quick lunch or snack for the kiddos – especially around Valentine’s Day!
You might like…
Latest posts by Colleen Kessler
- Helping Your Child Cope with Anxiety [RLL#51] - September 11, 2019
- Great Gifts for Backyard Scientists - August 25, 2019
- 101 Reasons You Need Audio Books in Your Homeschool - August 23, 2019