It can be scary to homeschool an outside-the-box learner. Differently-wired kids beat to the tune of their own drummers, and that can be problematic when we go into it with a set expectation for how things will be. It is hard to trust our kids AND ourselves with this totally alternate path to education… In today’s conversation, Colleen and Sara Hall chat about just that…
How it’s not our job to fit our kids into a box. It’s our job to help them see how amazing their out-of-the box thinking truly is.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- SPONSOR: Homeschooling Gifted Kids: A Practical Guide to Educate and Motivate Advanced Learners by Cindy West, M.A.Ed. Use code RLL at check out for 15% off your purchase of a digital copy of this book.
- Chasing Jupiter: Instagram
- Chasing Jupiter: Website
- Chasing Jupiter: Facebook
- All Children Are Gifts… but Not All Children Are Gifted
- Again with the “All Children Are Gifted Talk”
- Do Gifted Kids Need Less Sleep?
- Understanding the Creatively Gifted Child
- Creating Your Own Interest-Based Middle School Curriculum
- Adobe After Effects
- Time 4 Learning
- Finding Community | Building a Support System Online and In-Person
- Why “Chasing Jupiter?”
- 5 Reasons Why A Charlotte Mason Approach Wasn’t Right for Us
- A Story of Anxiety, Bravery, and the Power of Understanding
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!