So many gifted and twice-exceptional kiddos struggle with perfectionism, and untreated perfectionism can lead to other problems like low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and even eating disorders. Finding ways to talk to your kiddos is important, and keeping the conversation going can help them feel comfortable opening up when they’re having a problem. In today’s episode, Colleen gives you tips for talking your kiddo through perfectionism and helping them move past it. There are plenty of additional resources below to help you continue working with your kiddo.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: Time 4 Learning
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- RLL #54: Homeschooling Through Tough Times
- RLL #52: Overcoming Perfectionism and Finding Joy in Homeschooling
- Homeschool Testing | Helping Your Perfectionist Do Hard Things
- Managing Perfectionism: 10 Tips for Helping Your Child
- Audible (Get 1 month subscription + 1 EBook for FREE!)
- Sensory Theraplay Box
- How to be an Imperfectionist
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- Nobody’s Perfect: A Story for Children About Perfectionism
- Perfectionism: A Practical Guide to Managing Never Good Enough
- The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes
- Moving Past Perfect
- Talk Recorded Live at Convention: Never Good Enough: How Perfectionism , Anxiety, and Fear are Holding Back Your Child and What to do About it
- Coaching with Colleen
- Contact Colleen
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!