Let’s face it — homeschooling differently-wired kiddos is challenging. Parenting them is challenging. But, when life hits you from all sides, and you have highly emotional, anxiety-filled, and otherwise differently-wired kids to parent through it, you’re going to be lucky to get dinner on the table some days, let alone get any homeschooling done.
And, will they really learn anything anyway when their lives are uncertain, family is sick, there’s a death or a move to deal with? Probably not.
So what do you do?
Colleen sits down and chats real life in this episode as she’s been parenting and homeschooling her four quirky kiddos through a lot of life stuff lately, and has a few insights. She’s not going to solve all your problems, but you’ll walk away from this episode knowing that you’re not the only one who gets hit by too much stuff at once, and that you will get through it.
Listen, then share some of your own tips for coping in the comments section of this page or send a message through the voice widget below. We’re in this together and can get through tough times together!
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: Time 4 Learning
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- The Real Mom Tour
- Read Aloud Revival
- Your Morning Basket
- Organizing Your Homeschool in a Tiny House
- Curiosity Stream
- All About Spelling
- All About Reading Level 1
- All About Reading Level 3
- Bookshark World History I
- Bookshark World History II
- Bookshark World Cultures
- Beautiful Feet Books Teaching Character Through Literature
- Peanut M&Ms
- Anne of Green Gables
- Helping Your Child Cope with Anxiety
- RLL #49: Reflections About Anxiety
- The Anxious Parent of the Anxious Child | The Guilt of Passing it On
- The Anxious Parent of the Anxious Child | Using Social Stories
- The Lies Anxiety Tells You
- When Anxiety Looks Like Anger
- Let’s Talk About Emotional Overexcitabilities
- Overexcitabilities and Why They Matter for Gifted Kids
- Psychomotor Overexcitabilities: Helping Your Child Thrive
- Notebooking Pages
- Home Science Tools
- “Pelvis Presley” the Skeleton
- Future Doctors Curriculum
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!