These quirky gifted or 2e kids of ours are often “square pegs in round holes” everywhere they go, not just in school. Bringing them home helps them to thrive in their own way and often a self-directed, child-led homeschool approach helps them to discover who they truly are and what they want to learn. In this episode, Colleen speaks with Suki Wessling, homeschooling parent, writer, musician and online instructor at Athena’s Advanced Academy about helping our kids learn to set goals and flourish as authentic individuals in lives of their own design.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: College For All (Use the code CODE250 for RLL listeners, making the cost $250 per month for the life of enrollment!)
- Suki Wessling’s website
- Homeschool with Confidence: A Goal-Setting Guide for Teens by Suki Wessling
- Goal-Setting for Teens Class at Athena’s Academy with Suki Wessling
- Suki Wessling’s other courses at Athena’s Academy
- Suki Wessling’s Parenting and Education Page on Facebook
- From School to Homeschool: Should You Homeschool Your Gifted Child? by Suki Wessling
- Exploring Homeschooling for Your Gifted Learner by Suki Wessling
- How do I make sure there are no gaps in my child’s learning?
- The Learner’s Lab
- RLL #80: Why Are You Still Sending Your Kids? with Blake Boles
- RLL #40: Self-Directed Homeschooling High School with Trevor Kessler
- RLL #68: Self-Directed Education with Peter Gray, PhD
- Parenting and Teaching a Twice-exceptional Child
- A Kid with an Issue Can’t Be Gifted, Right?
- Socialization and Your Gifted or Intense Child
- 5 Tips for Helping Gifted Children Make Friends
- Teaching Kids to Advocate for Others
- Creating Homeschooling Goals for Growth: Plan Your Year Part 1 by Pam Barnhill
- RLL #40: Andrew Peterson: Being Students of Our Children
- The Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewellyn
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!