These St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shakes are simple and delicious — a perfect treat for your little Leprechauns.
For this Irish Catholic family, celebrating St. Patrick’s Day is a necessity — and it’s just plain fun. I like to surprise the kids with green treats and little shamrock surprises all day long. If you’re like me, try making these Minty Shamrock Milkshakes with your little leprechauns. They’ll love them.
And they’re a cinch to make.
Shamrock Milkshake Recipe
What could be easier than this simple shamrock shake that can be made with just four ingredients? Absolutely nothing, which makes these milkshakes a super-simple and delicious treat for your kids. Try it yourself — and get the little ones to help you!
- 2 cups of Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1 cup of Whole Milk or Half and half for a richer taste
- ¼ teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- Few drops of Green Food Color
- ¼ cup of Whipped Topping like Cool Whip (optional)
- Sprinkles, Green Sanding Sugar, Maraschino Cherries (optional)
In a blender, combine, ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and few drops of food coloring.
Blend together at high-speed until smooth.
Pour the milkshake in two glasses.
Top each glass with a couple of tablespoons of whipped topping (optional)
Decorate with green and white sprinkles, green sanding sugar or Maraschino cherries (optional).
NOTE: The amount of food coloring is a personal choice. For the cool minty green color in the photos, I added 5 drops of green food color.
Do you have a favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat that you love to share with your kiddos? Tell me all about it.
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun:
Latest posts by Colleen Kessler
- Why You Should Keep Attending Homeschool Conventions - March 20, 2019
- Homeschool Testing | Helping Your Perfectionist Do Hard Things - March 15, 2019
- Come Meet Me (and Many Others) at Great Homeschool Conventions! - February 27, 2019