Today, we begin featuring a new type of podcast episode at Raising Lifelong Learners with Colleen Kessler, what we’re calling “A Conversation About.” Colleen will be meeting with Shawna Wingert of Different By Design Learning at least monthly to discuss topics, common struggles and questions that come up often with our quirky and “outside-the-box” kiddos and families. This week’s conversation centers around connection: how important it is to foster connection with your kids, encourage the relationships between siblings, and build a culture of connection as a family and as part of your community.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: The Anxiety Toolkit by Colleen Kessler / Raising Lifelong Learners
- The Learner’s Lab, a Raising Lifelong Learner’s membership community
- The Learner’s Lab Masterclass | Helping Your Child Manage Worry
- Raising Resilient Sons: A Boy Mom’s Guide to Building a Strong, Confident, and Emotionally Intelligent Family by Colleen Kessler
- Shawna Wingert’s website, Different By Design Learning
- Different by Design Learning on Facebook
- Different by Design Learning on Instagram
- Helping Your Child with Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Strategies to Succeed in School and Life with Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, and Processing Disorders
- Equipping Parents to Help Children with Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- The Power Of Relationship In Helping Children With Learning Disabilities
- RLL #30, Andrew Peterson: Being Students of Our Children
- Interest-Driven Learning
- Among Us (video game)
- Discover Your Love Language – The Five Love Languages®
- Parenting the Bumpy Teen Years by Sally Clarkson
- 5 Secrets for Communicating with Your Teen
- 12 Strategies for Nurturing a Strong Connection with Your Child
- RLL #71: Resiliency and Why Our Kids Need It
- RLL #93: 7 Tips and Strategies for Boosting Emotional Resilience in Your Kids
- Resiliency Resources at Raising Lifelong Learners
- RLL #88: Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Kids with Jim Delisle
- RLL #89: Helpinig Our Gifted Kids with Social and Emotional Struggles
- RLL #65: [Audioblog] Navigating Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Kids
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- RLL #66: Strength-based Learning for Differently-Wired Kids with Shawna Wingert
- A Strength Based Homeschool: How to Do It (at Different By Design Learning)
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!