School choice is extremely personal. It really comes down to what you are most comfortable with, what you can afford and what kinds of sacrifices you are willing to make with regards to this decision for educating your differently-wired kiddos.
In today’s solocast, Colleen discusses the different options to best meet your children’s needs when school just doesn’t work.
You’re not in this alone: there are loads of parents of differently-wired kids who are doing some form of alternative education and their kids are thriving!
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: No Sweat Nature Study live classes
- What Does a Gifted Child Look Like?
- Advocate for Your Gifted Child | NAGC
- Tips for Parents: Advocacy – Working with Your Child’s School
- Parenting Differently Wired Kids
- Meeting the Needs of Your Gifted Child
- If He’s REALLY So Smart… When Gifted Kids Struggle
- RLL Podcast #61 Let’s Talk About Anxiety
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Gifted Children
- It Stinks to be Gifted
- Great Dyslexia Resources for Homeschoolers
- AlexaSchooling: Using the Amazon Echo for Homeschooling
- 100 Reasons Eclectic Homeschooling Works for Gifted Kids.
- RLL Podcast #30 Andrew Peterson: Being Students of Our Children
- RLL Podcast #40: Self-Directed Homeschooling High School with Trevor Kessler
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia) | Psychology Today
- Finding Democratic Schools (Psychology Today)
- Finding Waldorf Schools
- Finding Montessori Schools
- William & Mary Center for Gifted Education
- Northwestern/Center for Talent Development Gifted Learning Links Online Programs
- Davidson Academy Online School (for profoundly gifted)
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Why Should You Homeschool Your Gifted Children
- A Crash Course for Homeschooling THAT Kid (a Raising Lifelong Learners Learn-At-Home Workshop)
- Contact Colleen
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!