Maleeha is concerned. Following a student-led, self-directed model of homeschooling can definitely add up, cost-wise, and when you’re homeschooling insatiable gifted learners, it can be even more costly. These kids seem to eat programs and materials for breakfast.
So, how can a parent get kids involved in their own learning, and fostering their curiosity, all without breaking the budget? Colleen offers some suggestions today.
Links and Resources From Today’s Show:
- Email Colleen
- Raising Lifelong Learners on Facebook
- Raising Lifelong Learners on Instagram
- Record your question RIGHT on this site!
- RLL 14: What if I Fall Behind | A Listener Question
- Homeschooling Gifted Kids on a Shoestring
- Singapore Math
- Beast Academy Math
- VideoText Interactive
- Pulling Together a Viking Unit Study
- Kids in the Kitchen | Viking Bread Recipe
- Curiosity Stream
- Homeschool Share
- Rock Tumbler
- Rock and Mineral Specimens
- Our Journey Westward
- Homeschool Solutions with Pam Barnhill
- The Kennedy Adventures
- Great Games for Teens and Their Families
- Nature Themed Games Your Kids Will Love
- Amazing Science Games Your Kids Will Love
- One Person Logic Games That Rock
- Top 25 Board Games
- Chalk Pastel Art
- Paper Rolls
- Art Canvases
- Kindle Fire
- Kindle eReader
- Test Tubes
- Magnifying Glass
- Zoomy USB Microscope
- Carson Pocket Microscope
- Clip-on Macro Lens
- Civil War Toob
- Revolutionary War Toob
- Endangered Animals Toob
- Egypt Toob
- Frogs Toob
- Sterilite Shoebox
- Play Sand
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!