I shrug a lot, shake my head with a smile, even chuckle. My kids are a blast. They’re different and difficult and quite the handful, but at the end of the day I don’t know what I’d do without the constant excitement of their excitabilities or the quick wit (that also gets them into trouble). They do something in the back seat or an adult comes to tell me something they’ve said, and all I can do is shrug, shake my head, and laugh. Gifted kids, man.
They’re gonna gift.
In today’s episode, Colleen shares an audioblog — an article that first appeared on the site. Written by contributor Jen Vail, this audioblog uses humor to help parents appreciate their quirky kids for exactly who they are.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
- Sponsor: Waldock Way — Waldock’s Wizards and Wands Use the code RLL10 for 10% off!
- Original Post: Gifted Kids Are Gonna Gift
- Giftedness Disguised
- 100 Quirks of Famous Gifted People
- If He’s Really so Smart… When Gifted Kids Struggle
- Why It Stinks to Be Gifted In Schools Today
- Again with the “All Children are Gifted” Talk
- Why Should You Homeschool Your Gifted Children
- 100 Things to Never Say to athe Parent of a Gifted Child
- 100 Hints Your Child May Be Gifted
- The Gift of Giftedness
- What is an Intense Child?
- Mislabeled Behavior and Undiagnosed Giftedness in Children
- Coaching with Colleen
- Contact Colleen
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!